October 12, 2011

blocks made by me



Well, I guess I can show these blocks now since three of them have already appeared in John'aLee's Blog. I thought I had taken a picture of my blocks before I sent them to her but could not find it so I snagged this one from her Scrappy Appleyard blog.

Her daughter, Tory, lost her fiance who was a soldier in Afghanistan three weeks before their wedding day. I think he was only 21.  She asked for 8 1/2 inch star blocks in red, white and blue in Minnock and Simpson shades.  I dug out some prairie paisley charms I had and this is what I made.  She is making a total of three quilts so I am sure she would appreciate any additional stars anyone would like to send. Here is a link to the original request.

Earlier, Sara Fielke of The Last Piece blog asked for blocks to make quilts for a fellow quilter. She asked for Kaffe Fassett blocks. Here are mine: 

Both ladies provided such wonderful instructions on what they were looking for. I hope my blocks meet their needs.  Sarah's request came while I was cutting out a quilt she had just published. Serendipity or maybe that is Sarahdipity.

It feels really good to give, doesn't it?
Mary

10 comments:

Coloradolady said...

Hi! This is Suzanne with the Secret Santa Swap! I could not find your email address so I am leaving you a comment. Please go to my blog and click contact button on my right sidebar. I need you to email me your mailing address and I need to send you a questionnaire to fill out before the deadline of the 30th for the swap!! Thanks so much!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes.

Stephanie Hughes said...

Love this blocks, bright and happy.

Heather said...

Bless your generous heart! It does feel great when you can give in such a meaningful way. :o) I just visited the blog on the star blocks and told her I could do some blocks if she still needs more. (She had requested them by the end of October, so we'll see.) Thank you for letting us know about her project, and thank you for your kind comments on my blog!

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

I, too, made blocks for Sarah Fielke's project and hope at some point she posts a pic. I used that idea to make a baby quilt -- I'll be binding it this week. Your blocks are beautiful.

Coloradolady said...

please check your email for your partners information and email me a response that you received it! Thanks.

Jeanne said...

Thanks for visiting Spiral! So you've visited Big Bear?
Jeanne

Coloradolady said...

I sent out reminder emails today for the SSS on shipping. Please check to see if you have an email! The deadline to ship is the 10th

nanboudreau said...

Merrily Row, I couldn't find your email address so this is how I thank you for your kind remarks on my blog. It was good to hear from you. hugs Nan

Valerie the Pumpkin Patch Quilter said...

Hello! Thank you for leaving a comment regarding long arm quilting services! Your account does not allow me to reply to your email when you comment. I would love to quilt for you! If you could email me at pumpkin_patch_quilts at yahoo I would be happy to send you a price list. Thank you!! ;)

- Valerie
Pumpkin Patch Quilter