June 27, 2010

quilt run

Well I was not going to do it, but I did. The Southern California Quilter's run, yes I am still working in the area, is the last two weekends in June. There are 36 shops participating covering 6 counties. I had participated in 2008 but it was so crowded at every store that I said to myself "never again".

And there were no buses in sight.  But we know what happens when that phrase is used. I received a newsletter from one of the quilt shops encouaraging people to participate in the second weekend and I said to myself "why not?". Well, the second weekend is the thing to do. One could walk around and actually see the fabric. I made twelve stores I think, including passing in front of Disneyland's main entrance on a summer Saturday morning, not for the faint of heart. There were some wonderful stores out there and there were some not so much.

That being said, I did find the perfect backing for my jelly roll quilt along. I have been making the blocks in red, black and white, mostly black and white or red and white. So when I saw Timeless Treasures recipe box fabric, it has probably been around for years, I knew it would be absolutely wonderful. 

The picture is fuzzy, sorry.  I have a brand new camera somewhere here, I just have to find it. I put it in "someplace safe". Ever done that?  As soon as I find the camera, I will post pictures of the blocks with the backing, I just love them.

I will also post my almost completed Charming Girls quilt along which I am doing in Moda Darla fabric from last year, I won a giveaway of some fat quarters and enhanced my stash with some border fabric.  I am trying to make a second one, I am making the larger version, in some Christmas fabric from a couple of years ago to be given as a gift. It will be totally from my stash and scrappy and makes me feel very self righteous. Since I am on such a roll, I better get rolling.


No comments: