December 30, 2007

Bouquets for a new day

Well, I may have to do this one. Everyone is talking about the block of the month that they are planning for next year. That is everyone that is not racing to sew the kazillion little block's together for Bonnie Hunter's Carolina Crossroads mystery.

I belong to the Quilt Show website and they announced a couple of days ago that they would also be doing a block of the month for members by Sue Garman. She is the wonderful designer from Quakertown Quilts in Friendswood, Texas that did the Mama Said quilt.

Here is the one she will be doing for the Quilt Show on her blog. Go down to the bottom of the page and look at her ladies of the sea quilt. I am so excited. Hers was one of the first block of the month's I ever did. It was all stars, I pieced and quilted it by hand, and gave it away with a picture. But this one is for me.

I love red and white quilts. I love finished quilts. Who knows, maybe I can do both. It doesn't hurt a girl to dream.

Stay warm, Mary

1 comment:

Unknown said...

OK, Mary what is that black blob in the snow? Your cat? Looks lkie he is watching for a mouse.

That is a beautiful quilt. All applique and would be nice to do on your traveling. Guess thats what you are thinking.